Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Today I said goodbye to an old friend, the red truck. I got a call this morning about my ad on the paper, the guy came over this afternoon, literally looked at the truck for 5 minutes then wrote me a check for it.

Five years ago, I wanted to learn how to kayak so first I bought a truck then a kayak.

The kayak served its purpose, I've used it to float through the streams of the Mississippi, survive the storms of Lake Superior, and breeze through the friendlier waters of Lake Michigan. The kayak and I had a ton of adventures and through it I've met a lot of very interesting people.

The truck served a much bigger purpose, which was unknown to me when I first bought it. Through the years it has helped a lot of people move their 'stuff', specially the big ones, couches, swings, washer, dryer, you name it and the truck has moved it. It also became the vehicle of choice when someone is in need of a transportation, not just for a day but sometimes even weeks. The truck became everybody's best friend!

At the end of five years I've learned a lot of lessons through the kayak and the truck, probably the biggest is that there seems to be a bigger purpose in some of the things that we do. We don't always see them right away but given time, that too will be revealed.

Well, it has been a great ride.

I really just wanted to learn how to kayak!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I supposed to leave my comment here, but anyway thanks for sharing your truck story. And I know this truck does helps me twice for my moving. And luckyly, I won't have further move anymore, so you are good to go and graduate from your old family.
I am so happy to have you ( Jenn) and your truck, in Taiwan we said " Relying on parents at home, relying on friends outside." I hope you could understand my mean, because my translator won't show me this. Congradulation, Jenn!

Rola

Anonymous said...

my truck story...getting into your friend the red truck on sunday morning and forgetting to adjust the seat first... ouch! and there was the time when i decided not to take the time to adjust the seat...

take care red truck!

and what about the kayak?

glad to have an update, very glad!