Monday, November 20, 2006

If there's one thing about me that I don't hide it's this, I LOVE to travel. I usually try to get out of the country at least once a year but haven't gone anywhere in the past 11 months. Now that the year is closing, my feet are itching, itching to touch international grounds.

So, to cure this itch, I'll be heading to Mexico!!! I'll be sipping pina colada, working on my tan, and even learn some spanish words in the process. Maybe the next time I speak to my friend Juanita I'll be able to say more than 'Hola'.

Other than traveling to Cancun, what I'm really looking forward to these next couple of days is seeing my family in Connecticut. Living 1100 miles away from them makes me appreciate them more than ever. We have our quirks and different perspertive on things but when it boils down to it, we still tend to stick together. This year, more than ever, we stuck together.

To add the icing on the cake, I'll also be hanging out with my old college buddies from UCONN. Oh, how much we've changed and yet stayed the same. Who would have thought we'll be where were at.

This Thanksgiving holiday, I'm thankful for my family and friends in Connecticut and Wisconsin, old and new, young and old. You make my life quite an adventure and my travels meaningful. God Bless.

3 comments:

JT said...

It is great sharing even the smallest amount of time on the adventure with you.

kate debaene said...

a lesson learned the hard way: "bolsa" is "bag", while "beso" is "kiss". it is quite unfortunate to mix these up while in the market place.

this mexico spanish hint was brought to you by the letter k and the number 5.

DangerousWomen said...

we are muchas thankful for you!
happy thanksgiving and enjoy those pina coladas!