Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Things that makes you wanna go hmmmm...

My neighbor's garage has been in shambles for at least a year. A month ago I saw a sign on it, one of those yellow cardboard from the city, that said 'Condemned'. Last week a construction crew came in and tact new sidings on top of the current wall. Eight hours later, there was a new garage. Or at least on the outside it looks like there was a new garage. Every time a drive by this structure, I always wonder. Why bother? What's the point of having something to store your 'stuff' if you know it can possibly collapse anytime? Why not just build a new garage if you're gonna go through the trouble?

It dawned on me today that there are times that this is exactly how I go through with my day. I take a shower, put on fresh clothes, wear a smile and go about my day as if everything is fine and dandy. Inside I'm breaking, falling apart, and struggling. God must be asking, why? why bother putting on a facade - when deep inside you know something is not right? Is it easier to deal with the issue than hide it?

Hmmm....

No comments: