Thursday, November 10, 2005

Working on the church...

This is one of the few pictures that I have where it shows that I was working. I thought I'd include it here just to show that I did work!

Getting to this stage took a lot of practice. I knew that the skills that I've learned by working at the Cornerstone building, painting the old Britten house, and painting my own house would come in handy one of this days. Finally, a place to show that I have some skills.

Actually, I was sharing at the lunch table one day about this experience. Working on the Punds house brought back a lot of memories of working with Sue and other folks at the building, being with the Rutzs, Brittens, and Pendletons for when we were working on our house projects. Believe it or not, I do enjoy house projects, especially if they are not mine. It was those times that I really got to know the people that I was working with. What else can you do when your painting, scraping, and mudding? Talk. The more I talked to them, the more I listen to their stories, the more I really wanted to get to know them.

This is also what happened in this missions trip, we got to know each other as we worked together. We got to build relationships, we got to build the church.

I hope what we did in Italy would last. I hope that the paint would stick to the wall and not run, the plants will continue grow, the ceiling would hold, the fence would stand, the skylight will keep reflecting light, the leaves falling from the trees would assemble themselves and burn.

Most of all, I hope that the relationships that we started will last. These are some awesome people that I got to know during this week. It was an honor to serve with them and it is a gift to be called their sister in Christ.

No comments: